Friday, September 22, 2006

Rumblings...

Yesterday a lady living with HIV/AIDS gave a testimony about her condition in the hopes that we would learn a lesson… She said; why do you fear the person with full blown AIDS? There is no way you are going to sleep with them coz you are fully aware of their condition… then she went on “fear the likes of me... I have HIV but do I look like I have it?” And the truth struck home!

Yesterday I saw a man who looked like he had not had a meal for a couple of days… did I quickly walk past him? I must have told myself “sorry man, i got my problems too”

Yesterday I spoke to my mum who told me about losing her 7 cows to an illness… my sis thinks it’s either a cleansing or God teaching her a lesson on something or the other. The rest of us are clueless... oh my aunty thinks its urogi (witchcraft)

Yesterday I heard in the news that Anglo leasing runs deeper than we thought... Now the names of those involved runs longer than a scroll! Hear we go again! Thinking out loud, another tribunal to be set up to investigate this huge scandal??

Yesterday I spoke to a friend who wants to take her (violent) husband to church to make their 5 plus years marriage formal. Should I weep or pray?

Yesterday I had breakfast with a pal who cannot make up his mind which woman he wants out of three... Some formula about testing them and the one who comes up a winner triumphs???! dumb! I said.

Yesterday I watched the movie ‘Crash’ (for the 3rd time).It speaks volumes of life… and yes, it’s a tearjerker too!

Yesterday… I tried to wake up and pray but managed to doze off again! When I finally got up I chose to speak to him… I figure speaking to God is easier than praying. For me at least!

Yesterday it rained and I just love it! My heart dances when it rains... the ominous black clouds are breathtaking… Now I can drown lotsa teas with the excuse that am trying to keep warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quite agree with the lady. The person who does not exhibit symptoms is the most likely to spread it. The one who is still at the HIV stage is very innocuous. Sex might be great but i would sooner cut off the offending member than die for engaging.

Pole to your mum about losing her cows. Superstition I see still plays a large part in the Kenyan society.

And do not get me started on the Anglo Fleecing rubbish.

For your pal I would suggest that he puts them together (probably his house) and see how welll they get along, and if he likes it. If they do get along and he likes it then he converts to islam and marries all three. Cant have your cake and eat it too! More likely he will have his teeth knocked out!

I love the rain. It brings out the inner child in me. Lots of puddles to splash in (with Mona of course) and slippery surfaces to practice skids without requiring much speed or a new set of tires!

Princess said...

There is something soothing about listening to the sound of rain and allowing it to lull you to sleep. I also use rain as a great excuse to snuggle under the covers with a great book.