Monday, December 05, 2005

My prayer for you...and my anguished question

I pray that everything works out for you....,
I pray that you will continually look at Jesus as the best companion on this journey called life.
I try to continually seek him, I have been lost...
Went off course, now back on the search,
At times I forget to say hi to him, or just a silent hug that means everything!
Yet in the stillness of my thoughts....
In the shadow of my fears......
In the present evidence of forlornness....
I feel him there...
Gently prodding me to talk to him...
Gently enveloping me in his love...
And tears start running down my face and I look at him in awe...
And wonder in frustration and shame ... why he still loves me?
And he gently responds and says, I love you because I am love...
My love can be seen, touched and not just felt..
My love for you will never be dependent on you loving me back...
To this, bitter tears fall.. in repentence;for my rebellion, and the many times that I reject him or feel embarrassed to be associated with him..
Falling on my knees, he catches me midway and draws me close.
In his presence, I am home.

No comments: