Monday, December 04, 2006

The Irony of my life...

So I made a prayer that I desire to experience love in its extremity…
Then I met you…
And as forbidden as it was...
No matter how much we both fought ...we seemed powerless to this pull…
Its now months past since I let you in my life...
My mention of you in my prayers is for you to leave...
Ironical it is… to find love; finally throw caution to the wind…
Yet, desperately long for freedom… for normalcy …
For my life as it was!
You are not a drain in my life…
You are a gain…….
Yet… longingly and desperately I search for an exit…
I wish I could wake up the day before I met you...
Continue living without the knowledge that I have the capacity to love like this….
Despite my strength,
In spite of myself…
Should you gather the strength… please leave…
Crazy as it sounds, I know it would be best yet, deep down I would rather you stayed…
But…
But...
But…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is human strength measured in how much you don’t fail as compared to others or how much you can accomplish in life as compared to them…?

Isn’t life ironic…

Anonymous said...

I love this piece!